Edge Seminars give you a chance to receive advice tailored to your career stage and ask questions about topics of concern to you. Seminars cover a wide range of career development topics such as grant writing, presentation skills, career timeline, and getting a job in academia. Some of them count as RCR training sessions.
Why should you come to these seminars?
For some of you, because it’s required by your degree program. For others, because your training program director nominated you, and you want to impress them, right? But for all of you, these seminars offer:
- Guidance on topics like grant writing, presentation skills, mentoring, career timeline, and getting a job in academia.
- Advice tailored to your career stage.
- New insight from senior faculty.
- Responsible Conduct of Research credit (some seminars).
- A chance to ask questions about topics of concern to you, such as:
- In my situation, which K award should I apply for and when?
- How should I handle my first faculty job negotiation?
- What should I do about this conflict with my mentor?
- A confidential environment in which to ask questions.
- An opportunity to connect with others at similar career stages.