The 2024 Vanderbilt Translational Research Forum will feature nationally recognized Vanderbilt researchers presenting their translational science, as well as a special guest speaker. A poster session will provide students and investigators in health research at Vanderbilt (VU and VUMC) and Meharry Medical College the opportunity to present their work and gain valuable feedback from colleagues and other forum attendees.
- Any Vanderbilt or Meharry student or investigator
- Must be registered for the 2024 Translational Research Forum (registration link coming in October)
- Must be able to hang the poster in the Student Life Center on the Vanderbilt campus on Friday, February 2, between 7:00 and 8:00 a.m.
- Must be available to present the poster in person on Friday, February 2. Exact times will be communicated once the schedule is set.
First place: $2,000 to use for travel to a scientific meeting of the winner’s choice.
Second place: $1,500 to use for travel to a scientific meeting of the winner’s choice.
Third place: $1,000 to use for travel to a scientific meeting of the winner’s choice.
A review committee will select the prize recipients based on the following criteria:
- Background/significance: research question or hypothesis
- Methods: design, setting, sample, analysis
- Results: summary of significant findings
- Conclusion: description of impact, application of results
Completed work is strongly preferred, but work in progress will also be considered.
- Unless notified otherwise, those accepted should submit their poster designs to the BRET Office Poster Printing Service no later than Friday, January 26.
- The Edge for Scholars Office, Master of Public Health, and Master of Science in Clinical Investigation will pay for poster printing done through the BRET Office Poster Printing Service; presenters who choose to use a different printing service are responsible for paying their printing fees.
- Poster size should be 36″ x 48″, oriented horizontally. Other sizes may be accepted; check with Rebecca Helton.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.